- A Foot in the Door: Networking Your Way into the Hidden Job Market by Katharine Hansen
A concrete and practical guide to the nuts and bolts of networking, using a step-by-step approach geared to recent grads and young career changers. Helps young professionals identify who they should connect with.
- The Networking Survival Guide: Get the Success You Want By Tapping Into the People You Know by Diane Darling
In today’s dwindling job markets, people who rely on want ads and headhunters succeed about 5 percent of the time. But those who have mastered the art of networking find new positions nearly 66 percent of the time. Writing for job seekers and career builders alike, networking superstar Diane Darling shows how to cultivate a rich network of professional contacts and use it to find success.
If you’d like to look through these books or borrow them please stop in! Our hours are M-F, 8:30-4:30.
Well, that officially closes out November Networking Month…since December starts tomorrow (yikes!).
And remember: The Jan. 31 Internship and Job Fair will be a great opportunity to practice your skills!
- Still Feeling Shy?
- Sample Networking Questions
- Identifying Connections
- 30 Seconds to Getting To Know Yourself
- Networking Essentials
- Networking Takes Work!
- Alumni Advice for Career Fairs by Laura Carlson ’12