For creating the first-ever spacecraft designed to fly through the inferno of the Sun’s corona, APL has earned a place as one of Fast Company’s World’s Most Innovative Companies for 2018 – and you have a chance to visit!
Join us for a site visit to Johns Hopkins Physics Applied Lab (APL) where you will able to learn more about space exploration/biomedical/cyber security/air missile defense/planetary science from experts in these fields. You will also hear from HR reps to learn about the different roles within the company, and make contacts.
AGENDA FOR THE DAY: Tuesday, March 27
- 6:00 am: Bus will be leaving from the parking lot by the Bucknell Stadium behind the Weis Center
- 10:15: Opening Remarks and Welcome
- 10:30 am: Presentation from experts in space exploration/bio medical/cyber security/air missile defense/planetary science
- 12:00 pm: Networking lunch
- 1:30 pm: Tour of labs
- 3:00 pm: HR Presentation
- 3:30: Depart for campus
- Sign up on the Bridge
- Attend 1 (of the 2 offered) mandatory prep sessions:
– Tuesday, March 20: 4:30pm – ELC Gallery Theater
– Monday, March 26: Noon – ELC Gallery Theater
Note: A $20 refundable deposit to reserve your seat on the bus MUST be paid at one of the prep-sessions
- Upload resume to the Bridge
- Send 3 questions to Carole at firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: Both questions and resumes will be sent to our hosts
Unfortunately due to APL policy only American citizens will be able to attend this field trip.