Get free food and info you need with this new series designed to help Sophomores up their game in the internship search! Co-Sponsored by the CDC and BSG Class of 2020.
Sign up 1, 2, 3, or all 4 on the Bridge
- Tuesdays (2/13, 2/20, 2/27, 4/3) will be at Noon – 12:45 pm in Dana 113 with Lunch from Panera
- Thursdays (2/15, 2/22, 3/1, 4/5) will be at 4 – 4:45 pm in ELC Gallery Theatre with cookies and coffee
Sign up on Bridge for each session you would like to attend.
- Week 1 (Feb 13/15) Internship Search Strategies
One size doesn’t fit all when searching for an internship. Industries vary in the method and timing of their hiring cycles. At this session you’ll learn a variety of search strategies, gain insight into industry hiring cycles and learn how best to use the Bridge.
- Week 2 (Feb 20/22) Networking Basics & Etiquette
You have access to LinkedIn and the Bucknell Alumni Directory. But how do you use these tools? First impressions are so important. At this session you’ll learn how to create/improve your LinkedIn profile, the best way to connect with alumni as well as the Dos and Don’ts to networking.
- Week 3 (Feb 27/March 1) Alternative Options for Summer 2018
Didn’t land your dream internship? If you are trying to figure out your summer plans know you have lots of options. Attend this session to learn how to maximize your summer and return to campus with valuable experience or a new skill.
- Week 4 (moved to 4/3 and 4/5 from original dates) Graduate School Research, Scholarship and Search Strategies
Are you thinking about earning a graduate degree after Bucknell? In this session we will provide information and perspectives about the choice to go to graduate school, share suggestions for making yourself a competitive applicant, and offer some information about financing graduate school.
Co-Sponsored by the CDC and BSG Class of 2020