Did you know Bucknell has many awards granting $3,000-$4,000 plus on-campus housing for research during the summer? Come learn more about awards and scholarships available for undergraduate research and projects.
- Are you interested in financial support for your research, project or creative endeavor?
- Would you like to try for a scholarship acknowledging outstanding achievements as an undergrad?
- Are you hoping for support for graduate work?
If so attend 1 of the 2 sessions being offered on Tuesday, October 17th (both in ELC 256)
- Noon-1pm: lunch provided so please RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org
- 5-6pm: light refreshments will be provided, no RSVP needed.
Here are some examples of scholarship available to juniors and sophomores:
- Barry Goldwater: Recognizes extraordinary sophomores and juniors in the natural sciences, engineering, or mathematics who intend to pursue advanced research degrees, such as a Ph.D., in these fields (including medical research, but excluding the practice of medicine).
- Beinecke Scholarship: Supports graduate education in the arts, humanities and social sciences for student with needs-based financial aid.
- Boren Scholarship : Provides support to students interested in national security, viewed very broadly, who want to study abroad and acquire language skills in a place valuable to national security. In exchange, students agree to work for the federal government in national security areas, again viewed very broadly.
- Harry S. Truman Scholarship: Provides college juniors who have demonstrated excellent leadership and who are committed to careers in public service (e.g. government, education, nonprofit or advocacy) support for graduate or professional school.
- Udall Scholarship: For leadership, public service, and commitment to issues related to the environment, or for Native American with demonstrated leadership in issues of importance to Indian nations.
Applications open soon; some financial assistance supports projects during the year as well – come learn more about them!