Travel to D.C on February 28th for a site visit at USA Today Network & Committee on Foreign Affairs before you attend the DC Career Fair. On this site visit you will learn about the overall industry/field, about the different roles within the company/agency, and make contacts with in these organizations. Find out more in the full agenda of the day.
Learn more about the USA Today Network and the Committee on Foreign Affairs before you go.
- RSVP on the Bridge by February 25
- Sign the electronic form. You will not be able to participate in the event if the forms are not signed.
- Attend 1 (of the 2 offered) mandatory prep sessions:
– Thursday, February 23: 4pm, ELC Gallery Theatre
– Friday, February 24: Noon, ELC Gallery Theatre
Note: A $20 refundable deposit to reserve your seat on the bus will have to be payed at one of the prep-sessions
- Upload resume to the Bridge – resume you have on the system will be downloaded Friday, February 24th.
- Send 3 questions to Carole at firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: Both questions and resume will be sent to our host
Agenda: (not finalized): February 28th
- 7:30 am – Bus leaves Bucknell by Football Stadium for DC.
- 11:30-Noon – Arrive at USA Today Network and Lunch
- Noon – 2:15 pm Presentation
- 2:15 pm – Leave for the Committee on Foreign Affairs
- 3-3:30 pm – Welcoming remarks from our Host Tom Sheehy P’17 followed by presentation and Q&A
- 3:30-4:15 pm – Junior staffers and a policy specialist presentation followed by Q&A
- 4:15-4:30 pm – Tours
- 4:30 pm leave for the DC Career Fair. Please be advise that we will be taking the Metro or you can walk.
Bring: Energy, enthusiasm, and questions to engage with Alumni and company reps you may interact with throughout the day.
Dress Code: Business
IMPORTANT: You will NOT be able to participate in the event if the forms are not signed.