This year’s River Symposium will wrap up with a Networking Event with various representatives from local and regional non-profit organizations, consulting and design companies, graduate schools, and science research centers that all do work related to rivers and watersheds.
Saturday Nov. 12 |4 – 6 pm | Terrace Room
This is a great chance for students interested in natural sciences, engineering, natural resources policy, etc to learn more about the industry, companies, and build your connections. Below is the list of confirmed exhibitors to date:
- Middle Susquehanna Riverkeeper Association, Inc.
- Northcentral Stream Restoration Partnership
- Mid-Atlantic Dairy Association
- Environmental Solutions & Innovations
- LandStudies, Inc.
- Alliance for the Chesapeake Bay
- Conservation Union
- Susquehanna River Basin Commission
- MSISA Program, Millersville University
- Susquehanna Greenway Partnership
- Pennsylvania Water Resources Research Center
- Chesapeake Conservancy
- Academy of Natural Sciences of Drexel University
And remember the CDC has the BPIP Internship Fund which is a summer funding resource (stipend $3,000) for students able to secure an unpaid internship in the nonprofit/public service sectors of the economy. The application deadline is Monday, March 27, 2017, and the internship must be secured by the time of the application. The program is open to first years, sophomores, and juniors who are enrolled as a full time student in the fall following the summer of their internship. Eligible internships must be unpaid and full time (8-12 weeks, 30-40 hours/wk). Students interested in the program are asked to attend an information session. Information sessions are held in the fall and spring semesters – see the Bridge for times and locations.