Welcome back! We are only a few weeks into the fall semester but that’s never too early to be thinking about opportunities for next summer. This week’s peer picks will be focused on summer internships specific to law and areas in political science.
- Internship, Westchester County District Attorney’s Office, White Plains, NY – Apply by November 25.
- Internship, Division of Economic Justice – Office of the New York State Attorney General’s Office, New York, NY – Apply by November 25.
The first position is an internship with the Westchester County District Attorney’s Office and is a great way to learn about the structure and workings of the criminal justice system. Interns will have the opportunity to work alongside the Assistant District Attorneys and aid them in research, case preparation, and witness contact. Whether or not you know you would like to chose the pre-law track, this peer pick of the week provides students with the chance to explore the field whether choosing it as a future career or not. The internship runs through three different semesters of which you can either apply for the spring, summer, or fall for a part-time position as an undergraduate or full time as a graduate. If interested, applications including a resume and cover letter, are being accepted on the Bridge through November 25th. The summer semester is about 8 to 10 weeks, beginning in early June.
- Internship, Westchester County District Attorney’s Office, White Plains, NY
- Applications Accepted Until: Nov 25, 2016
- Application Contents: Resume and Cover Letter
- Date: Begins early June and runs 8-10 weeks
If you’re interested in spending some time in the NYC this summer, another great opportunity for those curious about public service is an internship available at the NY State Attorney General’s Office.
This internship is working specifically with The Bureau of Internet & Technology. You will have the opportunity to see first hand the work of the Bureau investigators, mediators, and support staff. The interns job will consist of responding to consumer emails, telephone inquiries, and information requests while occasionally also being able to work directly alongside the Bureau with case development and research. Not only will this internship very interesting provides undergraduates with the chance to experience a potential career path if interested in the field, but also improve organizational, interpersonal, and time management skills as you work 15 hours a week. Apply by November 25th on their website, www.ag.ny.gov for a PAID summer internship and learn more about the application details on The Bridge which can be accessed through myBucknell.
- Internship, Office of the New York State Attorney General’s Office, New York, NY
- Applications Accepted Until: Nov 20, 2016
- Application Contents: Resume, Cover Letter, Transcript, writing sample, and 3 references
We highlight a few CDC Intern Picks that we think you’ll find particularly interesting every week. Learn more by checking out each pick on the Bridge. And while you’re there, see what other interesting opportunities you find! If you have any technical difficulties with your application, email firstname.lastname@example.org before the deadline for help.