Sophomores: Apply now to be a Mount Vernon Leadership Fellow
Application Deadline: February 5, 2016
Program Dates: June 6, 2016 – July 13, 2016
The Mount Vernon Leadership Fellows is a fully paid and funded, five and a half week fellowship summer residential program for rising college juniors who want to make a difference. We invite undergraduate leaders from diverse academic disciplines to immerse themselves in a dynamic leadership curriculum inspired by the life and legacy of George Washington, and ultimately, consider what leadership truly means.
Why should you apply?
- A five and a half week residential, fully-funded summer fellowship in Washington, D.C.
- A $600 weekly stipend plus all room, board, and transportation expenses
- Interact with a cohort of like-minded student leaders from across the country
- Develop a mission-oriented service project as the program capstone
- Meet regularly with a personal mentor in your field of interest
- Accomplish positive change by digging deep into a cause you believe in
- Develop a network of professional contacts
- Become a lifelong member of a connected and engaged community of fellowship alumni
- All of this against the inspiring backdrop of our nation’s capital and George Washington’s Mount Vernon
– Skidmore junior Lilly Philbrick.