Friday, October 30, 2015
Presented by Unite For Sight
Shubert Theater, New Haven, Connecticut
- “Leveraging People and Partnerships for Country-Led Health Solutions,” Vanessa Kerry, Chief Executive Officer, Seed Global Health
- “Founding Stories and Funding Glories: Pathways to the Valley of Death,” Jordan Levy, Chief External Relations Officer, Ubuntu Education Fund
- Bobby Jefferson, Director Informatics, Futures Group
- Taylor Buonocore, Vice President of Philanthropic Investments and Talent Development, Born Free
- “Everybody Loves a Good Idea, but Great Planning and Execution is What Really Counts!” Paul Ellingstad, Director of Human Progress Initiatives, HP Corporate Affairs, Hewlett-Packard
- “Strategies for Successful Project Implementation and Growth, and What to Avoid Along The Way!” Dean Cycon, Founder and CEO, Dean’s Beans Organic Coffee Co.
- “From Abroad to Home: How to Take Lessons Learned in the Developing World and Apply That to the U.S.” Jane Aronson, CEO and President, Worldwide Orphans Foundation; Clinical Assistant Professor of Pediatrics, Cornell Weill Medical College and Columbia University
- “Business as Unusual: Using Business to Change Lives,” Tamra Ryan, CEO, Women’s Bean Project
“The Undervalued and Oft Forgotten Key to Scaling Successful Enterprises: Strong Back-office Systems,” Jennie Calhoun, People Operations Director, One Acre Fund
- “Great Organizational Culture: How to Build it and Why It’s Important,” Gemma Mortenson, Executive Director, Crisis Action
- “Using the Social Entrepreneurial Lens to Evaluate Opportunities in Indian Healthcare,”Zeena Johar, Founder & CEO, SughaVazhvu Healthcare
Complete details and the Institute schedule can be seen on the Social Entrepreneurship Institute website.
Unite For Sight is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit global health delivery organization that is free of commercial interests and committed to promoting high-quality care for all. The Social Entrepreneurship Institute is presented annually by Unite For Sight. SEI 2015 is Unite For Sight’s 3rd annual Institute.