Ask Anything at the Engineering Career Networking Event on Friday February 25th (part of Engineering Week)
Here is your chance – this isn’t a career fair, but a room of alumni (some with opportunities) who can provide professional information about anything you always wanted to ask but didn’t think you could…
- Were you a good student? What was your GPA?
- What was the most valuable course when you were at Bucknell?
- Can I do the job I want to do coming out of Bucknell or do I need an advanced degree?
- Is it better to get an advanced degree right away or work first?
- How much money do you make?
- Do you use math and science in your job?
- Do I need all of these classes I am taking?
- What should an engineer consider a position outside of engineering? OR What else can I do besides engineering?
- What opportunities are there for international exposure in this company/field/type of position?
- Do I have to travel? How much?
EVENT TITLE: Engineering Career Networking Event
DATE: Friday, February 25, 2011
TIME: 3:30 – 5:00 p.m.
LOCATION: Larison Dining Hall
All Bucknell engineering students are welcome to this event. Alumni will talk with students about their represented career field-what it entails, trends, future direction, typical internship or entry level positions, and other pearls of wisdom they might want to share. New this year – tables with alumni offer advice about resume & cover letters, interviewing, graduate/professional school, and the transition from student to professional.
Cosponsored with BEAA and the College of Engineering