Returned Peace Corps Volunteers Panel
Wednesday, February 24
5:00 – 6:30pm
Bertrand Library Traditional Reading Room
Refreshments will be served.
FACTS about Peace Corps at Bucknell:
- Bucknell ranks 21st among the nation’s colleges and universities with less than 5,000 undergraduates.
- Since 1961, more than 240 graduates from Bucknell University have served in the Peace Corps.
- Mary Jean Moser, Circulation Services Team Leader, Library & IT, served in the Peace Corps in the Republic of Kiribati (pronounced “Kiri-bess”) from 1979 to 1981.
- Robert Rosenberg, Assistant Professor of English, served in the Peace Corps in Kyrgyzstan from 1994 to 1996.
- Professor Stamos will be representing his daughter, Lisanna Stamos Gonzalez, who served in the Peace Corps in the Dominican Republic from 2002 to 2004.
Please join us for a Peace Corps Panel to hear Return Peace Corp Volunteers, who work at Bucknell, share their stories. Professor Stamos, whose daughter served in the Dominican Republic from 2002 to 2004, will moderate the panel and share his own daughter’s experiences alongside Mary Jean Moser (Library & IT) and Robert Rosenberg (English Department).