You’ll be here soon and we are so excited to have you back on campus. Here are 3 things you should know about our office:
1) We are ready to help you on your career path: Here’s how to get started using our office:
- Visit us: The Center for Career Advancement (CCA) is located in the Botany building on campus which is downhill from Carnegie Hall.
- Use Handshake to schedule an appointment with a career coach or counselor.
- If you have a quick question or need help getting started use our Drop-In Hour M, W, F from 12 – 1 pm for assistance.
2) NEW! This semester we are excited to introduce Career Communities: An easy way to get tailored information based on your interests. Join any of the five communities through My Career Interests on your Handshake account to receive tailored emails with industry-specific jobs & internships, programs, events providing opportunities to connect with alumni and employers, and industry-specific advice and resources.
- Medical, Global Health & Science Research
- STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math)
- Law, Government & Public Service
- Business & Consulting
- Creative Arts, Media & Communications
3) Handshake is THE #1 website for your career needs.
- Activate your account and fill out your profile to receive the most relevant recommendations and help employers find you when they’re searching for candidates.
- Check the calendar in Handshake often as we begin to schedule events and employers start to plan sessions for Bucknell students. And don’t forget to pack some professional clothing so you are prepared for networking events – both virtual and in person this Fall.
That’s all for now – look for more to come from us as the semester begins. Safe travels to Lewisburg and Bucknell’s campus!
P.S. We want to know what you did this summer! If you haven’t already done so, please complete our summer experience survey.