Tuesday, April 27, between 3:00-7:00 pm
We have invited alumni, parents and friends who work in marketing, advertising & communications focused organizations or positions to hold individual company sessions for students. These sessions are designed for students to learn about a specific industry, about an organization, connect with company representatives, as well as explore career paths and possible opportunities.
Please see the full schedule below and register for any (or all) that you would like to attend.
- 3:00pm – Verizon Media: Join Jason Sherry ’11 to talk about digital advertising trends, the rise of programmatic buying and Verizon Media’s strategy. He will also discuss transitioning from more traditional media companies (Viacom, Discovery) to Verizon Media.
- 3:00pm – Cision: Cision is redefining the way organizations think about public relations and earned media. We see a world where PR directly contributes to a company’s success – and that you can improve and measure that impact. Our customers love our solutions, and we think you’ll love helping us build them. We provide a high-performance environment where the best and brightest come together to tackle the marketing industry’s toughest problems. Our team is changing the way an entire industry thinks about earned media. Join us! https://www.cision.com/careers/
- 3:30pm – DeVito/Verdi: Join Tom Kroszner ’16, Senior Media Planner and Chris Tinkham ’77, Media Director at DeVito/Verdi. DeVito/Verdi is an independent, full-service advertising agency based in New York City and once voted “Best Small Ad Agency in the US” for six years. We work with businesses of various sizes and categories in banking/finance, online and in-store retail, healthcare, and education. The media team researches innovations in and activates campaigns across all media forms – Broadcast TV & Radio, Streaming TV (OTT/CTV) & Radio, Social Media, Digital Display & Video, Print, and Out-of-Home. Presentation will focus on the ever-changing media landscape as it relates to advertising, how DeVito/Verdi navigates this landscape, and other industry insights like audience targeting and managing client relationships. The session will be of interest to all students, but for graduating seniors especially, as we are hiring an Assistant Media Planner to join our team this Spring.
- 4:00pm – BARK: Join Maddie Boone ’18, Growth Market Manager at BARK. My presentation will cover my experience in the Digital Marketing space highlighting my path spanning Public Relations, Influencer Marketing, Paid Search and Social Advertising, and broader Growth Marketing. I will discuss working for Direct-to-consumer companies like Purple Carrot and BARK and compare my brand-side experience to agency-side. I will also cover any questions participants may have about transitioning from college life to work life.
- 5:00pm – Allison + Partners: Join Scott Pansky P’21 as he discusses Allison+Partners, a fast-growing global communications firm, where daring creativity leads the way. Our ability to harness creativity to move communications from awareness generator to performance driver is unmatched. Reimagining what communications can make possible is a given for our team. Allison+Partners, an MDC Partners company, is a global communications firm driven by a collaborative approach to innovation and creativity. The firm is organized around seven practices: Consumer Marketing, Corporate, Global China Practice, Health + Wellness, Public Affairs, Social Impact, and Technology + Digital Media. The company has a 50-state grassroots network and deep affiliations with quality firms worldwide through MDC Partners (NASDAQ: MDCA, Toronto Stock Exchange: MDZ.A), a progressive marketing and communications network, championing the most innovative entrepreneurial talent.
- 5:30pm – Sony Music: Devan Schulte ’16 has spent the last five years working in media, entertainment and communications. She began her career in the NBCUniversal Page Program, where she honed her passion for communications and developed skillsets for her following roles in Corporate Communications and Sports Publicity at the Company. Currently working in communications at Sony Music Entertainment, she focuses on external PR strategies and media relations around the company’s premium content, podcasting, and executive thought leadership initiatives.