Employers will be hosting virtual job and internship interviews as well as employer information sessions during the fall semester. Graduate and professional school information sessions and interviews are also likely to be virtual. Don’t let the first time you sit for a virtual interview be for a dream job, internship, or graduate program. The staff at the Center for Career Advancement provides tools, tips and assistance to help you shine when the camera comes on. We encourage you to begin preparing now, before classes begin. Check out these 10 Tips to Video Interviewing and read-on for additional tips and resources.
First, you’ll want to know when employers are offering information, networking, and interviewing sessions by accessing Handshake. Take the 10-day Handshake Profile Challenge to get your information in front of employers and become familiar with this innovative and effective job and internship search tool.
Practice Interviewing: Access Big Interview via myBucknell and create a free account to learn and practice for job, internship, or graduate school interviews in a self-guided format. The system allows you to:
- Record your answers so you can play them back to review content, eye contact, voice, lighting, etc.
- Answer questions in a roulette format so you can create and deliver your answer in real-time.
- Learn about different types of interviews and create strategies to answer questions
- BONUS: Learn how to negotiate job offers and salaries too!
Additional Tips for any Virtual Interaction
- Download a free Zoom background to help minimize distraction. Try these from the Samek Art Museum or the Bucknell Campus images.
- Try placing a sticker next to your camera to help improve eye contact.
- Review these 7 Tips to Make a Good Impression during Virtual Information Sessions and Panels
If you want help with any of these preparations or are ready for a live practice interview, schedule a mock interview with CCA through Handshake > Career Center > Appointment
Related Upcoming Events
- How To Write Resumes & LinkedIn Profiles You’re Proud Of
Wed, Jul 22 12:15 pm EDT – 1:00 pm EDT
- Preparing for Virtual Interviews
Wed, Jul 29 12:15 pm EDT – 1:15 pm EDT