Another great opportunity for funding in from the Message Center. Learn more about the Project for Peace 10K grant!
Decide on a project your would like to undertake – anywhere in the world (U.S. or abroad) – and develop a proposal for how you would use the $10,000 USD grant for an altruistic purpose. Apply for a Project for Peace!
- Proposals are due to email@example.com by Dec. 8, 2019 – early application is encouraged!
- All current degree-seeking students may apply, including seniors. Applications are accepted from individuals as well as teams. You may partner with students of other universities, including schools that are not Projects for Peace partners, but at least one applicant must be enrolled at Bucknell.
- Any project aimed at creating sustainable peace will be considered. Projects can take place anywhere in the world, including within the United States. Previously funded projects have aimed to achieve the following goals:
- Contributing to conflict prevention.
- Improving conditions that have been the source of violence/conflict.
- Looking for and building on shared attributes among differing peoples, races, ethnicities, tribes or clans.
- Fostering diplomacy or otherwise contribute to advancing peace processes underway.
- Promoting economic opportunity and entrepreneurship among those in post-conflict areas.
- Finding creative ways to bring people on opposite sides of issues together, such as through art, sports, music or other techniques to promote a common humanity.
- Developing leadership and mediation skills training for those in conflict or post-conflict societies.
- Starting or leveraging initiatives, organizations (e.g. education, health) or infrastructure projects to build/rebuild community.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
Davis Projects for Peace is an initiative sponsored by the Davis UWC Scholars Program. Bucknell is a partner with this program through International Student Services.