This week’s CDC Intern Picks focus on opportunities for aspiring writers and those who wish to make a difference.
- Various Internships, The Borgen Project – Apply by November 22, 2016
- Fellowship, NIH Biotethics – Apply by January 15, 2017
The Borgen Project is an influential, national campaign that fights global poverty. As such, they have several unpaid internships posted on the Bridge, all of which you can apply to by November 22, 2016. Positions include internships in journalism, HR, writing, public relations and marketing, editing, and working as a political affairs advocate in your district. The internships last about four months and allow you to hone your skills in both writing and communication while working for a top interest group. The opportunities are not location specific because the project needs workers from everywhere. Although these internships are unpaid they may be eligible for BPIP Internship Fund stipend of $3,000. You can learn more at an upcoming BPIP Internship Info Session (check Bridge calendar) or check in at the CDC to see if this may qualify or what the eligibility requirements are.
- Various Internships, The Borgen Project
- Applications Accepted Until: November 22
- Application Contents: Some internships require a writing sample in addition to Cover Letter and Resume
- Summer 2017
The NIH Bioethics Fellowship offered by the National Institutes of Health based out of Bethesda, Maryland is an opportunity for graduating seniors to hone their research and academic writing skills while working for the Department of Clinical Bioethics. Fellows participate in the activities and the intellectual life of the interdisciplinary department and study ethical issues related to the conduct of research, clinical practice, genetics, and health policy. They conduct mentored theoretical and empirical research on a range of bioethical fields of interest, and the fellowship will result in several academic writing publications. The application is highly involved and must be completed on their website, so if you are interested in the position, you should get started right away.
- Fellowship, NIH Department of Clinical Bioethics
- Applications Accepted Unitl: Predoc Application Deadline: Midnight January 15, 2017
- Application Contents: 3 Letters of Recommendation (References will be contacted electronically upon application); Resume or CV, Unofficial Transcript, Writing Sample
- How To Apply: http://bioethics.nih.gov/education/index.shtml
- Date: September 2017
We highlight a few CDC Intern Picks that we think you’ll find particularly interesting every week. Learn more by checking out each pick on the Bridge. And while you’re there, see what other interesting opportunities you find! If you have any technical difficulties with your application, email firstname.lastname@example.org before the deadline for help.