Are you interested in enhancing your skills and knowledge base outside the classroom in a team based setting with the opportunity to network with corporate professionals and earn a cash prize for your school? If so, the Johnson and Johnson Case Competition might be for you!
Each year Johnson & Johnson (J&J) sponsors the annual University Case Competition on ten campuses across the country. BUCKNELL IS ONE OF THE 10 CAMPUSES! The winning team from each university travels to J&J headquarters in New Jersey for an all day networking event and a chance to compete head to head with teams from the 10 participating universities. The competition is a month long event that brings together top business students to make decisions that build and support a holistic business strategy.
Sign up is open from now until Tuesday, January 26. Read more below and sign up to participate today!
Questions? Contact: Missy Gutkowski (email@example.com), Assistant Director for Experiential Programs, School of Management
HOW IT WORKS
Interested students, complete this online form: http://goo.gl/forms/RVdBeP6WhP Students will be assigned to a team by Bucknell’s School of Management. Teams will attend a kickoff session onTuesday, Feb 2 from 5-7pm at Bucknell to hear about the case and learn the rules.
Each team then has four weeks to complete the case and prepare a presentation for Tuesday, March 1. Teams will present to J&J employees and are judged based on specific criteria outlined in the case as well as the team’s ability to answer questions and support their overall business strategy. The winning team receives a monetary prize and goes on to compete in the finals held at Johnson & Johnson headquarters in New Brunswick NJ.
WHO CAN COMPETE
Teams of 5-7 students using the following criteria:
- business majors with an emphasis on finance, accounting, economics, marketing (BUT OPEN FOR ALL MAJORS)
- strong academic performance and leadership skills
- no more than 1 senior
- at least 3 finance/accounting majors
- no more than 2 members shall have competed in the J&J University Case Competition in the prior academic year
- Work together on a problem that typifies a real, working marketing situation.
- Network with J&J professional staff and other University teams.
- Add professional accomplishments to your resume.
- Interact with executives of the sponsoring organization.
- Test your skills as a real-world marketing consultant.
- Win cash awards and a trip to Johnson & Johnson Headquarters to compete.