Matthew Chen ’09, a former East Asian Studies Major with a concentration in Japanese, is now the Translation Group Subleader of Language Services in Honda R&D Americas.
- Lunch w/students and faculty in Japanese Studies/East Asian Studies
Friday, October 31, Noon – 1 p.m., Traditional Reading Room, Bertrand Library
Matthew will share his Japanese-related experiences and answer questions about studying abroad, working in Japan.
RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org by Tuesday, October 28 if you will be attending the lunch.
- Career Spotlight: Careers with Languages
Friday, October 31, 4 – 5 p.m., Coleman 151 (International Commons) refreshments provided, open to students and alumni
Matthew will share info on:
– Potential careers in the LS industry (Translator, Interpreter, Localization Project Manager, Terminologist, and more)
– Pros and cons of in-house vs. freelance work
– What employers are looking for in new candidates
– Pros and cons of getting MA degrees, certifications, translation tools, etc.
– Introduction to computer-assisted translation (CAT) tools
- Drop-in Questions & Answers
Saturday, November 1, 9:00 – 11:00 a.m, 7th St. Cafe, open to students and alumni
Drop in and ask questions about Matthew’s experiences with careers using languages