The Washington Media Scholars Foundation creates scholarship, learning and career advancement opportunities for college students interested in public policy media strategy, research and management. The organization coordinates three programs of varying intensity to carry out this mission:
- Media Scholars Program: Provides undergraduates with valuable learning, career and scholarship opportunities. The program begins with the Media Plan Case Competition, requiring students to create a strategic media plan for a hypothetical public policy issue in a special election. Finalists earn an all-expense paid trip to Washington, DC for Media Scholars Week where they meet with media industry leaders and present their strategic plans to a panel of judges. The winning team will be announced at a Networking Reception held at the Newseum. Learn more.
- The Media Fellows Program: College can be expensive. We want talented individuals to focus on their career – not their debt. The Washington Media Scholars Foundation recognizes enthusiastic and qualified students by awarding up to five $5,000 scholarships each academic year. These grants support the academic development of undergraduates dedicated to pursuing a career related to the public policy advertising industry. Learn more
- The Media Mentors Program: provides students with an experienced advocate who provides insight into making the most of your undergraduate experience to benefit your entry into the job market. Opened to students in their sophomore year and above, this program has a streamlined application process, easing the administrative burden for busy students.
- Registration Opens Sep 30
- Qualifying Round Nov 11 – Feb 13
- Case Competition Feb 20 – Mar 19
- Media Scholars Week Jun 2 – 8
- Networking Reception Jun 7
Media Fellows Program
- Application Due Jul 30, 2012
Take advantage of these opportunities! Visit www.mediascholars.org for more info